When we first had grandkids ( and on a budget ) I came up this ham. Now " 14 " grandkids later it's the only kind they all like ! It's pretty darn good if I say so myself ! My adult kids enjoy it as well. It's easy to clean up and my wife and I now make it about 1 once a month !
We use the leftover ham for: Split Pea Soup and Ham, Greenbean, and Potato Soup.
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham ( 4 to 5 pounds ).
( Of course it doesn't have to be the pictured Hatfield ham ... any brand will do ... )
- 1 can ( about 20 ounces ) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Whole cloves ( optional - its good with or without ).
- Spray the inside of a 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray ( Pam ).
( a 4 quart slow cooker can be used for a smaller ham ... )
- Place the ham inside of the slow oooker.
( Note you can even stick a few cloves in the ham if desired ... )
- In a small saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Heat just until it starts to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over ham covering completely.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with juices.
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~