to see the one I use ....
Now I love Macaroni and Cheese .... then again .... " Who Doesn't ! "
It took me a lot of " trial runs " to get this one just the way I like it and it's " so goooood ! "
It's kind of in the middle of being " saucey enough " that kids like it but not " so saucey " that adults don't. I think what happened over time was that so many parents made Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for their kids that the kids thought that saucey cheese and little " Itty-bitty noodles " were what Macaroni and cheese was all about .....
Look below in " Tips & Ideas " to see how you might even make " kids happier " with this meal !
- 2 - cup of leftover Ham or a good pre-sliced Ham - ( cup up in bite size pieces )
( My favorite ham to use for this, or any other reason, is " Kentucky Legend Ham " - see photo & link below )
- 2 - cups of dry elbow macaroni pasta - ( hint - thats 1/2 of a 1 lb. box )
- 5 - Tablespoons of butter
- 4 - cups ( 2 - 8 oz. packages ) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese - ( divided ) - ( see Tip #1 )
- 1 - 12 oz. can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 - 10 & 3/4 oz. can of Cambell's Cheedar Cheese soup
- 1 - Egg - ( scrambled up )
- Salt & Pepper - ( to taste )
- Cook macaroni to your desired firmness on the stove top ( Note: the macaroni will only cook " slightly more " once in the slow cooker ) .
- While macaroni is cooking add 3 and 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese into a " Large Bowl " - ( saving 1/2 cup ) .
- Then to the large bowl add:
- evaporated milk
- cheddar cheese soup
- scrambled egg
- and desired amount of salt & pepper.
- Then mix well.
- Cut up the 5 tablespoons of butter into small slices.
- Drain macaroni and immediately add to the slow cooker.
- Immediately put the cut up 5 tablespoons of butter on the hot macaroni and stir until all melted.
- Slowly add the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on " low " for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving remove the lid and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and recover slow cooker.
- Serve and .....
If you want to please your kids ( or maybe the kid in you ) with this meal
try their " Favorite Hot Dogs " in place of the Ham .....
You can, " of course ", use shredded sharp cheddar cheese ( as suggested above ), shredded medium cheddar cheese, or even one bag of each. ~ " But to really change it up " try a different cheese ..... such as:
- " Shredded Swiss Cheese " ..... or
- " Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese " ..... or
- " For Taco Tuesday " ~ " Shredded Mexican Blend Taco Seasoned Cheese " to have with your " Tacos ! " ..... or
- " Think outside the box " and check out all the shredded cheese next time your in the grocery store .....
To go to the " Kentucky Legend Website "
to see their Story, Products, and some Recipes ...
" click on their seal below ":
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~