I found this recipe years ago in a magazine that had an article on NCIS star " Cote de Pablo " who took the part of " Ziva David " on the show. It was noted as her " quick go to meal ! "
After My wife and I first made and tasted this soup we did indeed enjoy it ( and it was so easy to make ) ... however the next time I made it I added " 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg " and it went from a " good soup " to a " very good soup ! "
Now if any of you out there don't like the taste of " nutmeg " simply leave it out and enjoy !
- 1 - 48 oz. box of Chicken Stock or Broth ( a 32 oz. box will also work well )
- 1/4 - teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 - package of fresh baby spinach ( 5 to 8 ounces )
- 1 - 9 oz. package of " Buitoni " fresh pasta ( see photo ideas below )
- Salt & Pepper ( to taste )
- Grated, shredded, or shaved parmesan cheese for topping
- Add the chicken stock ( or broth ) to a large saucepan.
- Add the nutmeg and any desired salt & pepper to the saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the baby spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Add the 9-oz package of cheese tortellini or ravioli and simmer until pasta is as tender as you like.
- Serve with parmesan cheese of choice ( or without ).
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~