( Note: ) For 4 or more folks see " Tips & Ideas " below !
Slow cooker roasted chicken will become one of your new favorite meals ! It’s easy to prep, set, and cook. No-fuss, no muss ! Slow cooking chicken in the slow cooker creates a super moist, tender and juicy whole chicken.
You can prep this chicken in no time flat before you leave for work.
See Slow Cooker Cautions for this meal by clicking below:
Caution #1 ~ Caution #2
Almost everybody washes or rinses off their whole chicken or chicken pieces prior to cooking ! ( and yes I know your Mom told you to )
However ..... " That is not a good idea ! " When you do so " you contaminate your sink, your hands, your cooking surfaces, and surrounding counter tops with BACTERIA " ..... Ovens and slow cookers " BOTH ", due to cooking temperatures, kill any and all bacteria while cooking !
- 1 - Whole Chicken - " Less than " 5 pounds ( remove insides ) - ( * )
- Olive Oil - ( or vegetable oil )
- 1 - medium onion cut in half - ( red onion recommended for flavor )
( or " 4 " aluminum foil balls so the chicken isn’t sitting in its own juices while cooking )
- McCormick " Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken " seasoning - ( or other ideas below ) - ( ** )
- Cooking Spray - ( Pam )
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Peel and cut onion in half and place in bottom of slow cooker so the chicken isn’t sitting in its own juices while cooking.
( or use " 4 " aluminum foil balls )
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on onion ( or foil balls ) in slow cooker.
- Slightly cover chicken with oil to help seasoning stick.
- " Liberally apply " the " Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning " - ( or seasoning of choice shown below ).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, as more that likely it could be so tender it will fall apart.
- Enjoy !
Tips & Ideas:
( * ) ~ For a chicken of 5 pounds or more you need to use a 6 quart slow cooker and 2 onions or 6 foil balls.
( ** ) ~ Using the McCormick " Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning " is by far the easiest option to use. If you choose to use one of the other below seasonings you must mix them with " paprika " since that is what gives the chicken that cooked look.
( Believe it or not )
- The ratio for mixing them is 2 Tablesoons of Seasoning mixed with 1 Tablespoon of Paprika.
" Montreal Steak Seasoning " is actually used in a lot of " Chicken Dishes " across the web including grilled chicken.
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~