( For " 4 " or " more " )
Uses a 4 Quart standard oval Slow Cooker !
- 2 - Cup of Sugar
- 2 - Cup Soy Sauce
- 12 - Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 - Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 - Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 - Teaspoon of Pepper
- 9 or 10 - boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 2 - packages of precooked microwave rice - ( * )
- 4 - Tablespoons of Cornstarch ( or flour however cornstarch is better for thickening )
- 1/2 - Cup of Water
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine the first " 6 " Ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for " 4 " to " 5 " hours. ( chicken thighs are normally cooked on low in " 4 1/2 hours " )
- When cooking time is over, remove chicken from slow cooker to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Turn your slow cooker on " HIGH ". - ( ** )
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl and then add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Stir until thickened to your desired thickness.
- Microwave the rice.
- Place rice on a plate, place chicken on the rice, and pour sauce over both.
- Serve & enjoy !
Tips & Ideas:
( * ) - I normally use one of the Uncle Ben's microwavable 90 second rices ( shown below ).
( ** ) - If you want to you can transfer the mixture to a small pan on your stove which will save time and it will thicken quicker .
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~