( For " 2 " or " 3 " )
Must use a 3 or 4 Quart " ROUND " Slow Cooker !
- 1 - Cup of Sugar
- 1 - Cup Soy Sauce
- 6 - Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 - Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 - Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 - Teaspoon of Pepper
- 4 or 5 - boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 - package of precooked microwave rice - ( * )
- 2 - Tablespoons of Cornstarch ( or flour however cornstarch is better for thickening )
- 1/4 - Cup of Water
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine the first " 6 " Ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for " 4 " to " 5 " hours. ( chicken thighs are normally cooked on low in " 4 1/2 hours " )
- When cooking time is over, remove chicken from slow cooker to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Turn your slow cooker on " HIGH ". - ( ** )
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl and then add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Stir until thickened to your desired thickness.
- Microwave the rice.
- Place rice on a plate, place chicken on the rice, and pour sauce over both.
- Serve & enjoy !
Tips & Ideas:
( * ) - I normally use one of the Uncle Ben's microwavable 90 second rices ( shown below ).
( ** ) - If you want to you can transfer the mixture to a small pan on your stove which will save time and it will thicken quicker .
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~