My wife and I really like " Teriyaki Chicken " ..... However we never really found one at a local Chinese Take Out Place that made it just the way we like it ! So I started " experimenting " with different ingredients and finally came up with the below recipe which we really like ! We hope you'll try it and like it as much as we do .....
- 1 - Cup of Sugar - ( see Tip #1 )
- 1 - Cup Soy Sauce
- 6 - Tablespoons ( 3 ounces ) of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 - Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 - Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 - Teaspoon of Pepper
- 4 or 5 - boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 - package of precooked microwave rice - ( see Tip #2 )
- 2 - Tablespoons of Cornstarch ( or flour however cornstarch is better for thickening )
- 1/4 - Cup of Water
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine the first " 6 " Ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on " LOW " for " 4 " hours. - ( chicken thighs are normally cooked on low in " 3 1/2 hours " )
- When cooking time is over, remove chicken from slow cooker to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Turn your slow cooker on " HIGH " - ( see Tip #3 )
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl and then add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Stir until thickened to your desired thickness.
- Microwave the rice.
- Place rice on a plate, place chicken on the rice, and pour sauce over both.
- Serve & enjoy !
If you like your " Teriyaki Chicken " on the sweeter side ( or have little kids ) then use 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead of just 1 cup.
I normally use one of the Uncle Ben's microwavable 90 second rices ( shown below ) .
If you want to you can transfer the mixture to a small pan on your stove which will save time and it will thicken quicker .
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~