My wife got this recipe out of a magazine decades ago. Our family likes it so much I sometimes believe its " the only reason they visit during holidays " and " the only reason they visit during other yearly family events " !
There are " a lot " of Rye Bread Dip recipes out there .... but this one is by far the best my family has every had ! You should consider trying it on your next Holiday Gathering - Birthday Party - BBQ - Super Bowl Party - or any gathering of family or friends.
- 2 cups ( 16 ounce container ) of sour cream.
- 2 cups ( 16 ounces ) of Mayo.
- 3 tablespoons of dried Parsley Leaves.
- 3 tablespoons of dried Minced Onion.
- 3 teaspoons of Dill Seeds. ( or dried dill weed )
- 3 teaspoons of Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
( Note: I've tried other brands of Seasoned Salt but none are as good as Lawry's )
- Round Rye Bread Loaf.
- 2 or 3 other loafs of Rye Bread. ( Sandwich Style - cut in smaller pieces )
- Add the sour cream to a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, minced onion, dill seed ( or dill weed ), and seasoned salt.
- Using the empty sour cream container - fill it with the Mayo ( less cleanup ) and add to mixture.
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator over night or for at least 12 hours to develop flavors.
- When ready to use hollow out the top of the Round Rye Bread Loaf to create the " bowl ".
- Cut up the removed bread into bite size chucks for dipping.
- Cut up the othe other loafs of bread also for dipping.
- Enjoy ... This dip is also great for any kind of chip dipping as well.