" Italian Chicken " was a recipe that I came up with due to my wife really enjoying Italian Style Sauce ( or is that Italian Gravy ? ) . So basically this is a " version " of a Chicken Parmigiana recipe but without using the oven ..... plus the chicken " cooks and soaks in this great sauce " for a totally different and delicious taste !
" And it's become a meal that my wife truly enjoys over pasta ! "
As A Note:
If you leave out the chicken and include meatballs instead .....
this is also a great " Spaghetti Sauce " !
- 1 - pound of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs and/or breasts - ( mix as desired - we only use thighs )
( use less chicken for " 2 " or " 3 " folks )
- 1 - 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes - ( see Tip #1 )
- 2 - 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes - ( see Tip #1 )
- 1 - small can of tomato paste - ( see Tip #1 )
- 4 - cloves of garlic, chopped - ( or more to taste )
- 1/4 - cup red cooking wine - ( optional but provides a much better taste )
- 1 - small or medium onion diced - ( see Tip #2 )
- 2 - teaspoons of dried basil - ( or more to taste )
- 2 - teaspoons of dried italian seasonings - ( or more to taste )
- 1 - tablespoon of sugar - ( cuts the acidity of the tomatoes )
- 1 - 12 oz. box of Rotini - ( or pasta of choice )
- Add all ingredients except for chicken and pasta to slow cooker and stir.
- If using chicken breasts and they are large cut in half ( long ways ) for quicker cooking.
- If using chicken thighs cut most of the fat off of them if desired.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for " 4 " hours.
- " Later " cook your pasta as desired.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the pasta.
- Enjoy alone or with a salad!
When I buy these 3 products I try to get them with some type of " italian seasoning already mixed in with them " if possible.
You can also add add mushrooms, pepperoni, and sweet green peppers for more of a " Chicken Cacciatore " flavor.
Our Favorite Italian Dressing for marinating and as a salad dressing is " Garlic Expressions " ( a combination of garlic, olive oil, vinegar, & italian seasoning ) and everyone we have recommended it to ends up loving it .... ( see photo below ) .
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~