This is a relatively quick and easy Breakfast Casserole that everyone, at least in my household, loves ..... The first time I made it was to serve to my overnight quests on Thanksgiving Morning which is the reason that I used " Turkey Sage Sausage " in the below recipe.
Now I normally always make it with " Turkey Sage Sausage " because that's the way my family likes it. But you can always be changed up with different ingredients to make it your own ..... ( See Tip's below for more ideas )
- 1 ~ pound of sausage ~ ( your choice of sausage ~ we use turkey sage ) ~ ( See Tip #1 )
- 1 ~ " 8 oz " package refrigerated crescent roll dough ~ ( See Tip #2 )
- 8 ~ Eggs, beaten
- 2 ~ cups shredded mozzarella cheese ~ ( See Tip #3 )
- 2 ~ cups shredded Cheddar cheese ~ ( See Tip #3 )
- 1 ~ teaspoon dried oregano
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 9 " x 13 " Casserole Dish
- Pre-heat oven to 325o.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Spray a 9" x 13" inch baking dish with Non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with the crumbled sausage.
- In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar, and oregano.
- Pour mixture over the sausage and crescent rolls.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- then .....
- You can use " any type " of sausage that your family may like ...... Plain pork or turkey sausage, Sage pork or turkey sausage, Sweet, mild or hot Italian sausage, etc .....
- Instead of using refrigerated crescent roll dough try pre-cooked frozen potato rounds or tater tots.
- The type of cheese you use is purely up to you ..... If you want to " Go Italian " then use mixed italian style cheese's ..... If you want to " Go Mexican " then use mixed mexican style cheese's ..... Or any combination you or your family may enjoy !
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~