I never even heard of " Cube Steaks " until my wife Karen came into my life. Apparently my Mom never bought them ..... But Karen likes them ( even though I think they are a little to tough for a sandwich ) so I came up with this recipe and when cooked in a slow cooker they basically just melt in your mouth. So if you like the flavor of " Cube Steaks " but agree with me that they are kind of tough .... try them this way !
( Look below under Tips & Ideas for " two more " ways to make them )
- 2 - cans of condensed cream of Mushroom soup ( * )
- 1 - envelope of Lipton dry " Beefy Onion Soup Mix " or " Plain Onion Soup Mix "
- 1 - 4 oz. can of Mushroom Pieces and stems - ( optional )
- 3/4 - cup of water
- Salt & Pepper - ( to taste )
- 1 - pound, or a little more, of Cube Steaks
- Pasta, Rice or potatoes of choice - ( Rice or Mashed Potatoes recommended )
- Add the first five Ingredients to your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut cube steaks in half or quarters and add to slow cooker and stir to cover all pieces.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over your choice of Pasta, Rice, or potatoes.
- Enjoy !
Tips & Ideas:
- - Try using " Cream of Potato " or " Cream of Celery " soup ! - ( either one is also very good )
- - Try using " Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup " to create more of a " Cheese Steak Taste " !
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~