( Make 4 to 6 servings )
This soup is " Labor Intensive " but well worth it !
- 1 - lb. of Breakfast Country " Sage " Sausage ( * )
- 3 - lbs. of golden/yellow potatoes, peeled and cup up ( ** )
- 2 - 32 oz. boxes of chicken stock
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 - 16 oz. carton of Half & Half
- 1 - medium onion, chopped
- 2 - celery stalks, chopped
- 2 - cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 - cup of butter, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the cream cheese in your freezer to help firm it up for easier cutting.
- Then add the chicken stock, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to a large soup pot and heat until its just starting to boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the sausage. Once sausage is cooked drain any grease and add to the pot.
- Then add the half & half, butter, and potatoes and heat until it just starts to boil.
- Remove the cream cheese from the freezer and cut into smaller cubes for easier melting. ( while waiting for the soup to start boiling ).
- Once the soup starts to boil start adding the cream cheese cubes while stirring to help them melt.
- Once all the cream cheese is in stir until you don't see any cream cheese pieces in the soup and them lower the heat to a simmer.
- Let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes ... stirring every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy alone or with a salad !
Tips & Ideas:
( * ) - I normally buy " Sage Sausage " at a local Amish store ... Sometimes I can also find it in a regular grocery store. If you can't find it you can use any breakfast style sausage. ( don't forget to remove the casings ).
( ** ) - You can only use yellow or golden potatoes. White or baking potatoes " will not " cook within this time frame.
Our Favorite Italian Dressing for marinating and as a salad dressing is " Garlic Expressions " ( a combination of garlic, olive oil, vinegar, & italian seasoning ) and everyone we have recommended it to ends up loving it .... ( see photo below ) .... And no .... I don't own any stock in it nor do I get anything for showing it .... I just like it a lot and its healthy since it uses olive oil !
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~