" 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. " for 2 or 3 folks
" 1 1/2 lbs. - 2 lbs. " for 4 or more folks
This is a recipe that I came up with because my wife really likes " Chicken with lots of Gravy " to enjoy over a couple of slices of bread or with mashed potatoes. ( now I'm working on one for Roast Beef and Gravy - another of her favorites )
This recipe is basically pretty simple to make and can be personalized by you based on your taste buds with " A Lot " of possible options. That is ... Once you try it the way we like you can always change it up the next time you make it for your family your way !
( I use " all " the below ingredients in my version )
There are multiple types of " Cream Soup " that you can use for this recipe:
- If you can't find " Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup " try using plain " Cream of Chicken ".
- OR - use one can of " Cream of Chicken " and one can of " Cream of Celery " soup !
- OR - use one can of " Cream of Chicken with Mushrooms " and one can of " Cream of Celery " soup !
- OR - use one can of " Cream of Chicken " and one can of " Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup " soup !
- They possiblities are really up to you !
Since the time that I've found the " Orrington Farm's Chicken Base & Seasoning " ( see photos below ) I've used this instead of the old fashion " Chicken Bouillian Cubes ". The reason is that the powder form mixes " a lot easier " than the cubes and I believe they have a little better flavor overall.
If you can't find " Orrington Farm's Products " at your local grocery store I've also been able to find them at " Wal-Mart's. "
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~