( 2 hour and 15 minutes cooking time in the oven - but well worth it ! )
This recipe came to me through my wife Karen .... And I must be honest .... I only made a few changes to her recipe because it was already one heck of a " Delicious Meal " !
Back in the 1950's and 60's it was a very common recipe for many families ... including mine. But over the years it's become a forgotten recipe. So here it is and if you've never had it before ... " you are truly missing out on a great meal ! "
- 1 - lb. or more of cubed beef cut into smaller pieces - ( some stores, like Wal-Marts, aready sell them in smaller pieces )
- 1 - can of condensed french onion soup - ( undiluted )
- 1 - can of condensed cream of mushroom soup - ( undiluted )
- 1 - envelope of Beefy Onion soup mix - ( such as Lipton )
- 1 - 4 1/2 oz. can of mushroom pieces and stems - ( drained & cut up - " optional " )
- 1/2 - cup of red cooking wine
- Salt & Pepper - ( to taste - however I never see the need for any )
- 1 - cup ( 8 ozs. ) of Sour Cream - ( Most of the time I add a little more ) - ( #1 )
- Egg Noodles - ( We like the wider ones )
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the first 7 Ingredients in a 8" x 8" baking dish. - ( or 2 or 3 quart baking dish - Lid preferable - see step # 5 below )
( Because of the smaller pieces of beef there is no need to cook them ahead of time )
- Stir until completely combines.
- Bake at 325 degrees " uncovered " for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, stir, and then " cover " and bake for 1 more hour.
- Remove from oven and stir in " sour cream ", re-cover, and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cook Egg Noodles to your desired tenderness.
- Then Enjoy over the noodles !
( #1 ) ~ Typically I add about 12 ozs. of sour cream from a 16 oz. container for the extra taste ! I then use the left over 4 ozs. on a " baked potatoes " or even on a bowl of " Chili " ! ( ps. sour cream is very good when topping a bowl of Chili - just in case you haven't tried that )
( email@example.com )
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~